As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice in terms of our service of alcohol and to set a positive example to our customers and to other licensees by complying with and, where appropriate, exceeding mandatory compliance regulations.
Ethics In Practice
- Box Hill RSL does not promote any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
Box Hill RSL Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
- Box Hill RSL is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service in a professional and responsible manner, complying with all applicable laws and adhering to endorsed Liquor Service Codes of Practice.
- Management and staff are aware of and adhere to all the rules and regulations applicable to responsible service of alcohol in each State.
- Box Hill RSL endeavours to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all customers can socialise and enjoy themselves.
- Box Hill RSL does not sanction or approve of any promotions that may encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol in the venue. Employees are required to encourage and promote responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Box Hill RSL acknowledges that drunkenness, under-age drinking and alcoholism are serious social issues and therefore supports initiatives that assist in addressing and preventing these issues.
- Our staff endeavour to prevent underage drinking in our venue by requiring valid proof of age from young adults to be presented in the form of an Australian driver’s licence, passport or other proof of age card permitted under applicable State law.
- Box Hill RSL will continue to provide employee education and customer awareness programs on the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Gaming Code of Conduct
- It is our aim that all our customers that wish to partake in gambling do so responsibly.
- We understand and acknowledge that problem gambling is a serious issue, and we aim to help people affected by problem gambling, to make better decisions regarding their gambling habits, while at our venues.
- Our staff adhere to the Responsible Gambling code of Conduct and we make the Code available to patrons by displaying it clearly in the gaming rooms
- Rules and regulations pertaining to the safe and responsible playing of electronic gaming machines, payment of winnings policies, self-exclusion programs, and Gambler’s Help support group contact details are clearly signed throughout Box Hill RSL.
- This RSL Sub-Branch is committed to the objects and purposes of the Returned & Services League. Such objects include the care and assistance of veterans and their families and involvement and commitment to the members of the local community. The Sub-Branch accepts the responsibility for the care of its members and visitors to the Sub-Branch, including the responsible supervision of gambling and associated activities. The following is the Sub-Branch’s Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct.
Venue commitment to Responsible Gambling
- Responsible gambling in a regulated environment is when consumers have informed choices and can exercise a rational and sensible choice based on their circumstances. It means a shared responsibility with collective action by the gambling industry, individuals and communities.
- The Sub-Branch commits to this policy as part of its commitment to the care of its members and the community.
Box Hill RSL Compliance codes
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct:
For the latest Responsible Code of Conducts click below.
Responsible Gaming Code of Conduct: TABCORP Wagering
For the latest Responsible Codes of Conduct in English, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese click here
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct: Keno
For the latest Responsible Code of Conducts click here
Keno Victoria Mega Millions Rules: click to download
Box Hill RSL Responsible Policies and Procedures Manual
Use Safe Gambling Practices at Box Hill Sub-Branch
If you need help, go to www.moneysmart.gov.au or www.responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au