Responsible Service of Alcohol
Box Hill RSL believes that individuals have the right to choose to consume alcohol in licensed venues as a form of social activity. As the operator of this venue, we have a responsibility to help minimise the risk of harm to individuals, our staff, other customers, and to the wider community.
As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice in terms of our service of alcohol and to set a positive example to our customers and to other licensees by complying with and, where appropriate, exceeding mandatory compliance regulations.
Ethics In Practice
- Box Hill RSL does not promote any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
Box Hill RSL Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
- Box Hill RSL is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service in a professional and responsible manner, complying with all applicable laws and adhering to endorsed Liquor Service Codes of Practice.
- Management and staff are aware of and adhere to all the rules and regulations applicable to responsible service of alcohol in each State.
- Box Hill RSL endeavours to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all customers can socialise and enjoy themselves.
- Box Hill RSL does not sanction or approve of any promotions that may encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol in the venue. Employees are required to encourage and promote responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Box Hill RSL acknowledges that drunkenness, under-age drinking and alcoholism are serious social issues and therefore supports initiatives that assist in addressing and preventing these issues.
- Our staff endeavour to prevent underage drinking in our venue by requiring valid proof of age from young adults to be presented in the form of an Australian driver’s licence, passport or other proof of age card permitted under applicable State law.
- Box Hill RSL will continue to provide employee education and customer awareness programs on the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Gaming Code of Conduct
- It is our aim that all our customers that wish to partake in gambling do so responsibly.
- We understand and acknowledge that problem gambling is a serious issue, and we aim to help people affected by problem gambling, to make better decisions regarding their gambling habits, while at our venues.
- Our staff adhere to the Responsible Gambling code of Conduct and we make the Code available to patrons by displaying it clearly in the gaming rooms
- Rules and regulations pertaining to the safe and responsible playing of electronic gaming machines, payment of winnings policies, self-exclusion programs, and Gambler’s Help support group contact details are clearly signed throughout Box Hill RSL.
- This RSL Sub-Branch is committed to the objects and purposes of the Returned & Services League. Such objects include the care and assistance of veterans and their families and involvement and commitment to the members of the local community. The Sub-Branch accepts the responsibility for the care of its members and visitors to the Sub-Branch, including the responsible supervision of gambling and associated activities. The following is the Sub-Branch’s Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct.
Venue commitment to Responsible Gambling
- A Sub-Branch has a duty to take all reasonable steps to prevent and minimise harm from the operation of gaming machines in the approved Sub-Branch premises, including by monitoring the welfare of gaming machine players, discouraging intensive and prolonged gaming machine play and intervening when a person is displaying behaviour that is consistent with gambling harm.
- This Sub-Branch will provide the highest standards of customer care and responsible service of gambling to all our patrons and will display the following responsible gambling message at the cashiers desk/station and/or entrance to the gaming room so that it is clearly visible wherever the Sub-Branch provides electronic gaming machine (EGM) products.
- This Sub-Branch is committed to the wellbeing of its patrons, employees and the wider community in which it operates. It strives to deliver all its services in a responsible and sustainable manner providing the means for our patrons to have informed choices and to exercise a rational and sensible informed choice based on their personal and individual circumstances. As part of this commitment, the Sub-Branch has adopted a comprehensive Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct and a Self-Exclusion Program, and will provide the necessary resources, both financial and human, to support the proper operation and fulfilment of the Code at these premises.
- Our code describes how we do this and continue to provide gambling services in a socially rewarding, enjoyable and responsive manner.
Box Hill RSL Compliance codes
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct:
For the latest Responsible Code of Conducts click below.
Responsible Gaming Code of Conduct: TABCORP Wagering
For the latest Responsible Codes of Conduct in English, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese click here
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct: Keno
For the latest Responsible Code of Conducts
Keno Victoria Mega Millions Rules: click to download
Box Hill RSL Responsible Policies and Procedures Manual
Use Safe Gambling Practices at Box Hill Sub-Branch
If you need help, go to www.moneysmart.gov.au or www.responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au