Box Hill RSL has a full time Welfare Co-Ordinator and another part time Welfare Co-Ordinator, their role covers all aspects of caring for the welfare of our members and the community with the help of our volunteers. For Example:
- Home, Hospital and Aged Care Facility Visits.
- Provides finance for medical aids, podiatry, TV Hire for hospitals stays.
- Provides free haircuts, transport to medical appointments and free room hire to non-profit community groups.
- Information referral for aged and veteran accommodation services. Information and referral to DVA, homecare and occupational therapists.
- General support and counselling.
- Provides Library and Memorabilia facilities.
- Education sessions for scouts and school children.
- Provides support to families during bereavement.
- Facilitate groups such as Genealogy, gardening, tai chi, prostate support, Card Club, Dementia Support and men’s discussion groups.
- Trips to significant places.
- Service, disability and war widows pension advice and aged pensions
- Social support program that provides special luncheon events for aged care facility residents and veteran groups.
- Provides financial assistance to sporting groups and other non-profit groups and ex service organisations.
- -Provides memorial service on ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day.
Would you like to leave a bequest to your favourite RSL?
For further information on how to make a bequest, please contact the Secretary (03) 9897 6700 or the Welfare Department.
Haircuts Available to Service, Affiliate and Social members men and women. For Bookings and further information Please contact Box Hill RSL Reception (03) 9897 6700